Military Components In 2018: What Are The Trends And Which Products Are The One To Look For?
The industrial manufacturing industry is in confusion, caused by business pressure, market trends and new technologies. To solve this confusion, industrial machinery & components should evaluate and come up with a plan that will benefit their abilities and priorities. At MLC Europe GmbH we deal with this as well. Looking at our clients, the most clients buy electronic products that are manufactured by a designer. The security & military industry is our biggest client with 19% of all customers we have.
If we look into the military industry, we clearly see that they have their struggles as well. The military industry they require rugged systems & components, able to deal with shocks and harsh environments. When you consider also the specific needs of each specific application that makes a long list of requirements they need. It can be tough to find them. Keeping this in mind, the following trends for the future should solve the problems the companies occur, so all companies can benefit from this.
What are the Trends?
- Produce and plug to increase manufacturing activity. Manufacturing companies are leveraging plug and produce approaches to increase their activity, for example bringing machines to a manufacturing line on the shop floor with easier system integration. These enabled products with edge intelligence will be an integral part of self-optimizing, or ‘’lights out’’ manufacturing system.
- Pay per use models. IM&C companies will offer pay per use as an additional business model for software and digital services. As well as for their machines and equipment. ‘’equipment as a service’’ contracts for supporting products as well as for their customers’ core business will become commonplace.
- More software and firmware in products. It’s expected that in the upcoming years, more software and firmware will be installed to provide new product features and functionality, enable digital capabilities, or replacing existing physical capabilities through automation.
- Smart products, equipped with edge intelligence & Internet of Things technology. IM&C companies already are equipping their products with edged technology, Internet of things capabilities and integrated machine learning technologies, it’s expected that it will grow for the next 5 years.
- Omni Channel customer engagement. The strength that is gained from the customers in the IM&C sector, who expects the consumerization of B2B sales and simplified sales processes with consumer-grade buying experience, original equipment manufacturers will transition to true omni-channel customer engagements with digitalized sales systems.
Which Components are expected to sell the most?
The most common products the security and military provide are connectors, capacitors, EPROMS, D-rams, relays, semiconductors, Diodes & transistors. The interesting fact is that the market for semiconductors is expected to increase to $2,9 billion in 2018 this is an 8% increase in comparison with 2017 due to better economic conditions in the military segment. The largest markets are continuing to be the United States of America, Russia and China. All three markets increased military spending in 2017 between 4.5% and nearly 6% Global sales of semiconductors are expected to rise in 2019 but the pace of growth is likely to slow down compared to last year .
- Connectors: this connector has more density on a panel and lightweight, for jam nut configurations. 41% average footprint surface reduction. 20% in average lighter than standard 38999 stand off receptacle.
- Capacitors: Operate temperature: -25 C + 70 C. Small Size, low leakage current, low ESR. Good performance in keeping voltage stable. It can be the perfect back-up for suppliers.
- Relays: Allows load to be connected to either output. Provides a low ON resistance. The input and output are optically isolated to protect input logic circuits from output transients.